Thursday, August 9, 2012

We Are NOT A Bank....

SERIOUSLY.  I am SERIOUSLY sick of people asking if they can make payments.  Don't get me wrong.  I understand how expensive medication is.  But we aren't allowed to make payments when we purchase from our wholesalers, and if everyone made payments (like that would happen consistently - otherwise you wouldn't have to ask if you could make payments...but I digress), what would I use to purchase the drugs you need?  Why on earth would you think you can make payments?  Does the grocery store let you make payments on that steak you want to grill this weekend?  Would you even dare to walk into WalMart or Walgreens and ask that question?

So, the fourth person today just walked in and asked if I could hold a ticket.  The first two actually did walk in and ask if they could "make payments."  The last two asked if I could hold a ticket.  While I have put a stop to new charge accounts (see the title of the post), these last two were DENIED a charge account because they bounced checks.  And still they have the fucking nerve to ask.

Do any perishable-goods merchants allow you to make payments?  NO.

If you have to make payments, get a credit card.  Get a bank loan.

I am not a used car salesman.  I am not a bank.  Pharmacy may be a multi-million dollar business, but the pharmacy no longer "rakes it in" like most people think they do.  Pharmacies barely survive.  Yes, mind-boggling amounts of money flow through here, but unfortunately, the buck doesn't stop in my pocket.

So no, YOU CANNOT FUCKING MAKE PAYMENTS.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I work in a supermarket where one employee in particular wants us to advance meds until pay day. Can I go to the front of the store and ask to be advanced a few eggs to make brownies then come back on pay day for the rest? NO! I had to put a stop to that crap. (Also they weren't life threatening meds. Don't eat acidic food if you don't want to pay for your heartburn meds now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for the laugh! I haven't snotted a beverage out my nose yet today! Brownies!

      Yep, let's just advance ourselves out of a job...I'm getting ready to stop advancing meds to people who are out of refills. The bottles and labels costs me money, as does the time it takes me or a tech to "give" you a couple to get ya by...

      It's called consequences, and in my opinion, people are not allowed to experience them often enough. Part of what's wrong with our society today. Had a lady, with the "right" last name, try to tell me it was ok to fill her mother's Tylenol #3 prescription. Uh, no, it's not, BECAUSE THERE'S NO FUCKING REFILLS, YOU PILL WHORE! Just because you THINK you have the right last name in this town, does not a doctor make. I'm sure you'll use your vast worldly influence with the DEA and the State Board when that one comes up for review.

      Yep, the pharmacist filled my mother's CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PRESCRIPTION, but I gave my approval for it, so it's of course good, dahhh-rling....

      It's just a myth that prescriptions have to be written by a doctor.

      It's also a myth that I make money by NOT filling scripts, so I just pretend like I don't have them to piss you off and ruin your day.

      Thanks for reading and commenting - it means a lot to a new blogger!! Almost like Christmas, when I find a comment...

      --T.Ph.RPh

      Delete
  2. I only temp any more.. and so I am in the position to ask the "curious mind" questions to tech staff... like.. "why do you "loan" meds to patients...BUT NOT.. "loan" controlled drugs that are out of refills?.. " they both require a doc's authorization to dispense... is the person who is taking non-controls more important than potentially throwing someone in pain... into a higher pain level and withdrawal? I usually get "deer in headlight stares" ..there can be no logical answer ! You either "loan" patients meds when they have no refills or you don't...
    Instead of "loaning" ...provide them an emergency 3 days supply for a CASH CHARGE ! say cost of med plus $5.00 - non refundable... non billable to their third party.
    --
    you are providing a service to the forgetful/lazy.. you will not be refusing to loan them any meds.. they will be refusing to pay for the product/service... they need/want to accommodate their laziness/forgetfulness.

    ReplyDelete